AIMS OF THE DAY CENTRE
To provide a club like atmosphere where lonely or housebound Senior Citizens can enjoy a day out in a friendly, relaxed and cheerful environment.
A place to meet new friends and be entertained.
Please note, the centre is open for 43 weeks of the year. We close for Bank Holidays, Christmas, Easter and the whole of August.
* Scrabble and other board games, bingo and card games and occasional craft afternoons.
* Extend seated Exercise Classes every other Monday
* Cross Generation Programme with Alban Pre School Nursery
* Live entertainment at least once a month.
* Coffee and tea are provided on arrival followed by a two course lunch at midday and tea in the afternoon.
* Our current charge is £62.50 per month for one day and £125 per month for two days. Please note trial days are currently £19.50 per day.
Due to demand we currently can only offer one day a week to new members
OUTINGS AND EVENTS
* An annual day trip to the seaside.
* Visits to the local theatre.
* Annual trips to a local Garden Centre
* Coffee morning in the spring and summer.
* Autumn Fayre.
* Christmas Lunch with Entertainment
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
A prospective member or their family, friends, doctor or social worker can contact Gillian Burke at the Day Centre on 07923 031 231.
Transport can be arranged, depending on need but availability is limited.
To donate to the Centre please contact, The Treasurer, Mrs B Sawyer, 67 Western Way, Barnet, EN5 2BU.
The Committee, volunteers and members wish to express their gratitude to the following who contribute to the running costs of The Centre.
Jesus Hospital Charity
Valentine Pool Trust
The Eleanor Palmer Trust
The Thomas Watson Cottage Homes Trust
The Happy Charitable Trust
Friends of CBDC
The Co op
All Private donators and bequests
CHAIR: David Williams
VICE CHAIR: Mike Printemps
TREASURER : Bridget Sawyer
SECRETARY: Angela Dickinson
The Centre is an independent voluntary organisation and a registered charity.
It is run by volunteers (apart from our organiser) who all give generously of their time to ensure members have a relaxing but stimulating day.
Registered Charity No. 272847