AIMS OF THE DAY CENTRE
To provide a club like atmosphere where elderly housebound people can enjoy a day out in a friendly, relaxed and cheerful environment. A place to meet new friends and be entertained.
We are here every Monday and Friday except Bank Holidays, 9.30am-3.30pm.The centre always closes for the whole month of August and we have 2 weeks off at Christmas.
* Activities include Scrabble, dominoes, bingo and card games.
* Live entertainment.
* Coffee and tea are provided on arrival followed by lunch at midday and tea in the afternoon.
* Limited shopping service is provided
* A small charge is made for the day.
OUTINGS AND EVENTS
* An annual day trip to the seaside.
* Visits to the local theatre.
* Occasional pub lunch/ cream tea.
* Coffee morning in the spring and summer.
* Autumn fayre.
* Christmas Lunch with Entertainment
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
A prospective member or their family, friends, doctor or social worker can contact Gillian Burke at the Day Centre on 07923031231.
Transport can be arranged, depending on need but availability is limited.
To donate to the Centre please contact, The Treasurer, Mrs B Sawyer, 67 Western Way, Barnet, EN5 2BU.
The Committee, volunteers and members wish to express their gratitude to the following who contribute to the running costs of The Centre.
Jesus Hospital Charity
Valentine Pool Trust
The Eleanor Palmer Trust
The Thomas Watson Cottage Homes Trust
Friends of CBDC
Private donations and bequests
CHAIR: Mr D. WILLIAMS
VICE CHAIR: Mr M. PRINTEMPS
TREASURER : Mrs B. SAWYER
SECRETARY: Mrs A.P DICKINSON
The Centre is an independent voluntary organisation and a registered charity.
It is run by volunteers (apart from our organiser) who all give generously of their time to ensure members have a relaxing but stimulating day.
Registered Charity No. 272847